Sunday, March 16, 2008

Colors of Phoenix


I love the colors of Phoenix.


Everywhere you go, they are beautiful.


Bright, strong colors.


Colors that can only exist where there is sun 365 days a year.


Colors that reach out and grab you and then won't let you go.


Painted on walls and buildings by people that don't want to live a life full of beige and egg-shell white.


Colors out of spray cans and people's imaginations.



Colors born of our red-rocks, endless blue skies and cactus blossoms.


Hues that make you believe that overcast days don't exist.


Colors that make me want to paint.


To see pools of chroma on my palette.


And to feel for a just a moment what God must have felt when he created light and let it lose on the world.

I never want to dream in black and white.

1 comment:

Moni said...

Wow, I can see why you are such a wonderful artist. THe pictures you took have such statements, especailly together. You have a way of seeing things, and knowing what will work, that I can't even imagine putting together. Thanks for sharing your insights through your art with me, I can then see so much more than just what things seem to be at a glance.
Love you,
Monika