
I'm honestly a little surprised that all of you have been posting so much. I think it's great.
A minor housekeeping item - Tammy and Monika left all their kids birthdays in one of their posts but I still need Jennifer's and Troy's as well as Vicki & Wayne's. Please just leave them in a comment or in one of your posts and I will add them to the sidebar. And - has anyone talked with Troy? Does he know the blog exists? Because I am thinking someone with a new baby might want to use the opportunity to upload photos - perhaps he has not fully realized the potential to brag about one's children in such a medium. (Kirk has just informed me that Troy is moving and so I will give him a pass card for now)
At any rate, I certainly won't miss an opportunity to brag about mine.
Tonight Jordan made us dinner. In her health class this year they have had assignments to make dinner for their families and tonight it was suppose to be a dinner that in some way dealt with her heritage. That is kind of tall order when you really start thinking about it. First of all our 'heritage' is rather mutt-like. It would be much easier if her family was Italian or something, but what's a girl to do with her Irish/Scottish/English/Dutch/Swiss/Austrian ancestry? So she decided to do a Scottish meal and we really didn't want to go the route of kidney or sheeps head pie, nor were we in the mood to locate a sheep's stomache and do a haggis. So instead, she did a Scottish breakfast (which typically consists of tomato, beans, toast and eggs). Here are the results in photo form (the photos were part of the requirement for the class, we don't normally take photos every time our kids do something domestic):
Holden has complained that he is not at all crazy about the photo of him with Noelle here on the blog and claims that there are much better photos of them together. So in light of that, here are two better photos of them together:
Holden is always so busy with Speech that we rarely see him on the weekends. During the week speech takes up a lot of time too - he's one of the officers, and in addition he's the school photographer on yearbook staff and he's in AP classes and when he's not otherwise engaged he's always got a project or an idea he's working on. Right now he wants to paint our shed in the back yard with some original ideas and art work. I'm fine with it - it needs painted anyway, and he's very creative.


Last but not least a word about Brennan. This week Brennan was told he could skip up a grade in math. He isn't sure if he wants to do it or not. He thinks it might be a lot of pressure to skip up at this point in the year. But it's very nice that they think he's capable. He's very bright and I'm always so proud of his ability to just ALWAYS turn in his work without having to remind him of anything. I'm not sure if he knows what a gift that is to a mother to not have to worry about making sure he gets things done where school is concerned. This is actually an old photo - we are planning on getting some new photos taken of the boys this weekend - it's amazing how much he's grown up even since last summer when this photo was taken.
3 comments:
Here are the Hays Bolton Kids:
Chase Tiberius Hays Bolton 08-04-94
Victoria Janeway Hays Bolton 03-09-96
Chandler Sisco Hays Bolton 12-21-97
Jennifer Fantabulous Mae Hays 05-04-73
Thank you ma'am. And fitting that you gave yourself the middle name of fantabulous.
I miss you!
Hi Jordan,
How did you do on your project. It looked great. I loved the on the props on the table. I think you should get an A+.
Aunt Monika
Post a Comment