










I was interested in Vicki's post yesterday about spring, particularly the "blue flag" flowers. You know what's really interesting about flags? They grow almost everywhere in the world. Some are planted on purpose but many of them are wild. They are an incredibly hardy flower and really, when you look at them closely, very beautiful. These are some of the examples I found on flickr.
It reminds me of my favorite scripture, which is not about an iris but a lilly: (Luke 12:27-28) Consider the lilies how they grow; they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he provide for you, if ye are not of little faith?"

No comments:
Post a Comment