As you many know, Holden loves his car--a beautiful 1972 green Buick Electra. But that car hasn't been the most economical ride. This month I've had to pay to get the radiator replaced (I had it re-cored last year), all the belts and hoses replaced and yesterday found out that the rear brake drums have to be replaced and it has a cracked head gasket--for the second time!
So Holden and I have had many conversations about how the car just doesn't make sense. He's only going to be able to drive it a few more months before he goes off to college and then on his mission. Those well reasoned arguments are usually followed by a pouting face and vow to own his baby until he dies.
So tonight faced with another huge mechanic bill I showed up with his new wheels. A beat up old Dodge Dakota that I got for a great deal off my buddy since it had caught fire a few months ago. He said he'd rather walk than be seen driving it until I pointed out that it would soon be 115 degrees. He pointed out that it doesn't have A/C. I pointed out that anything is better than nothing. He pointed out not this anything.
Finally I couldn't help but smile. I hadn't sold his car and bought this one. April Fools.
I spent the day in Patagonia--a little town on the Mexico border--looking at a school that is having some construction issues. I'd never been down that way before. Don't think I'll be in a hurry to get back there.
Today we opened Jordan's birthday presents. Here birthday isn't until tomorrow but we've got a lot going on tomorrow and she was too excited to wait.
And she wanted to make sure I thank grandma and grandpa for their gift. She always likes money!
Leave her a comment wishing her a happy birthday.
1 comment:
Wow! You know how to play an April Fools joke!
Love,
Moni
Post a Comment