Friday, April 18, 2008

Hello Warm Weather!

Can you say "stir crazy"? You never quite realize just how nuts you are near the end of the winter months until the first warm days arrive and your children start spending more time outside. My sanity has returned (what's left of it, that is). No more running around the house hollering at the top of their voices for two hours before bedtime. I honestly don't care if they come in for dinner or anything else right now!













Ahh, but with warmer weather comes "fix it" projects. Hidden problems that rear their ugly heads near the end of the winter months like the leaking ceiling in our bedroom and the mushrooms growing in our kitchen window. Did I say mushrooms? Yes, mushrooms. I was looking out the kitchen window during dinner one evening and noticed some weird brown spots near the top of the window. A closer look and there you are, mushrooms! Why do we have mushrooms growing in our window? Well, I'm not that bright and I'm thinking it just has to do with some leaking raingutters over the window. I have not made the connection between the moisture and the ants that have started appearing in the kitchen again. My wise father takes one look at the mushrooms and says, it looks like you've got an ant farm! Duh! So, now we're tearing off the siding to address the moisture and ant problem.

After replacing our furnace this winter, I'm not sure how we're going to pay for these new problems, but they're not something you can ignore, so you grin and pay it (or charge it)!




1 comment:

Moni said...

Sorry to hear about the problems with your house. I have decided that home repair is enless. We have been working on our house. Each time we fix something, there is more to do.
The kids look great.
Monika