Here is Waz Up with us this week.
(1) Jordan continues to drive us nuts.
Some of you may recall that my youngest heir has a love of contracts. She drafts and requires her family to sign them constantly. She has now added a new element to her obsession--multi-media presentations of why we should gladly enter her contacts.
Here she is presenting why we should hire her to do the laundry. That's a graph demonstrating why hiring her would be superior to Lezlee doing it.
And here are some of the skills that would make her perfect for the job.
She got the job.
2) Lezlee loses 22 pounds!!
And this is why:
3) Brennan starts sculpting, when he's not wrestling.
Brennan is really into wrestling. He works out with the wrestling team five days a week and lately has had meets two days a week. And he likes to try out moves on his big brother, who seems to be showing him a lot more respect lately.
4) Lilith-Revisted sells while still on the easel.
Lilith Revisited sold while it was still on the easel--someone saw it on my blog. The person reserved it but while it was sitting at the gallery waiting for them to pick it up the next day, two more people put it on reserve in case the sale fell through. People really seem to like these black and white paintings.
5) Holden's street art.
Here is a picture of the wall in the back yard that we let Holden paint on.
And here is his "signature" he's been working on.

Can you figure out why he chose this as his street moniker?
6) Jordan's choir presentation.
Here is Jordan getting ready to sing. Later in the week we had to watch various dance performances, plays she wrote, etc.
7) Senior sluff day.
Friday was senior sluff day and so Holden skipped school and went skateboarding with his friends. It sounded like such a good idea I decided to sluff work too.
We have a mannequin named Lucy that I use in the Lilith paintings and Lezlee uses to take pictures of dresses on for her e-bay business. Lezlee always leaves Lucy outside by the pool and we both love how she looks in the sun as the day progresses and the shadows move across the form.
We've discussed how nice it would be to have a statute of Lucy in the backyard once the addition is finished. But the $10,000+ price tag is a bit of deterrent.
So I decided to see if I could carve one. I bought a small piece of alabaster and spent my senior sluff day trying to learn how to carve.
I really enjoyed it and I'm happy with how my first attempt came out. I think I'll be doing a lot more stone carving. Here is a picture of it roughed out. I'll be polishing it today.
I'll have a detailed blog about how I did it later this weekend at kirkhaysart.com
And that's waz up with us!
2 comments:
I win.....
Stands for Catcher in the Rye and Holden's namesake!
What do I win?
Jen
Chase says to brennan and holden...
WAZ UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Jordon, I had to leave you out.
Love Chase
Post a Comment