Holden came home for Valentines Day weekend, which was awesome. I took a day off work and we went to Phoenix International Roadway and took a high performance driving course for a couple of hours and then got drive the race track with instructors, finally culminating in racing on the track by ourselves. Holden did amazing. I on the other hand lost it twice and ended up in the gravel pit at 60 miles an hour. That's pretty exciting! All day Holden kept repeating "we should do this more often." Unfortunately, my friend who went with burned up her clutch and had to be towed off the track and to a mechanic! Ooch.
We also went to the Highland Games last week. Brennan ate his first meat pie and haggis and liked them both so I guess he can go to Scotland with us next time. But Jordan wouldn't try the haggis. You can't go to Scotland if you won't eat the haggis!! They had bagpipers competing, Clan booths--including for the Hay Clan--kaber tossing (throwing a 100 pound 18 foot long post), tons of booths, all things British and terrible fish and chips.
Lezlee is doing much better. She gets around without crutches and hopes to get the brace off soon. She was hoping that she'd be done with physical therapy soon but they told her yesterday it may be another 6 months.
2 comments:
My sympathies to Lezlee. I had an ACL/Meniscus repair done in June. I was on crutches for 6 weeks. (non-weight bearing on my bum leg)
My recovery would have been sooner but the meniscus was torn so badly the Ortho decided to stitch it down to the bone and take the chance it might heal. My physical therapist told me after age 30 chances of the cartilage healing was low. I was released from physical therapy after 5 months , doing okay now. Good luck, I feel the pain.
By the way, that comment is from cousin Stephanie.
Post a Comment