Monday, September 15, 2008

Family Reunion

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to give you an update of what I have heard for the family reunion. It is still very much in the planning stage, so I hope we can use the blog to help figure out what we are doing. Right now the date is for Monday, December 29th. One of the ideas had been to go to Hail's Theatre, but they are closed after Christmas. Dad has suggested a Jazz game, they are playing in Salt Lake that night. I have heard some concerns with younger children for going to see the Jazz. Mom and Dad wanted to take tho whole family out for breakfast or a luncheon- this would include all the grandkids. This could be done on Monday the 29th. Another idea was to come to my house and each family bring a few snacks and we hang out and let the kids play together. It sounds like most people want to do a few of these things on the same day. Any other suggestions would be great.
Also I talked to Jennifer and she really needs help on Tuesday the 30th, the day before her wedding. She will have a lot of the stuff bought, but she needs help getting it ready. She wants to decorate her rental home on Tuesday so she doesn't have to worry about it on her wedding day. Also mom and dad want to take all the adults out, including Ken's family to a dinner on Tuesday, the night before the wedding (rehersal dinner). That is still in the works, but Dad thinks it will be around 6:00 or 7:00pm.
It will be great to all be together again.
Monika

5 comments:

Bandanamom said...

Monika - I spoke briefly with Wayne and Vicki about this Saturday I think. If we could all come to an agreement here I definitely think it would be easiest rather than trying to call everyone all the time. We will be there sometime on Saturday and honestly , we are pretty okay with what everyone else agrees on. Going to your house sounds like a good idea - your mom mentioned wanting to play "yankee swap" (or whatever you'd like to call it) at some point.

I am guessing we will be staying at Little America so it's pretty easy for us to get around any direction. We will plan on helping Jen with wedding stuff on Tuesday.

If people are worried about small kids and a Jazz game, we can always consider just a kids or family movie or something (though frankly I would vote for the game as it would be something different than the usual). Personally I just ply my kids with a lot snacks during a sporting event they find less than interesting, and somehow, it suddenly becomes interesting to them while they're eating cotton candy!

But honestly, we are okay with whatever gets decided. We'll be there for the wedding and then leaving the day after the wedding to go up to Idaho/Montana for a few days and dropping Holden back off at college.

Moni said...

Hi Lezlee,
So was the Saturday plan for the dinner for adults, the actual reunion, or breakfast as a family. Are you still planning on flying? I am fine with doing it on Saturday. My only concern would be if you get in late that day, flights have not been running on time lately. I assume at Christmas it might be even more of a problem.
I also liked your idea of a family movie.
Have a great day.
Monika

Bandanamom said...

When I talked with your parents they indicated that they would like to take everyone to dinner on Tuesday. They said they'd already talked with Jen about it. I think that includes Kenny's family (or his parents I guess) as well on Tuesday. As for the breakfast, I am not sure which day they wanted to do that, but I was assuming Monday.

Kirk loves the idea of going to the Jazz game. We are not hugely into sports at all (and I in particular would not consider myself a sports fan) HOWEVER - going to see a basketball, football or baseball game on the pro level in a big arena is always very fun regardless of whether you love it or not. And quite honestly, I can't imagine that we have any kids who wouldn't be able to sit through that. Especially with basketball because it's pretty fast paced and not a long event in the way baseball or football can sometimes be. If everyone else prefers a movie, that's okay too. We're easy to please. The tricky thing about a movie is our kids are getting old enough that they really do not want to go to most 'kids' movies these days.

If you want to do a get together at your house on Monday that's totally fine or on Saturday is okay too - we really don't know what time we are getting there on Saturday and to be honest, I will try to get a flight in the afternoon, but since I'm shopping for deals with my fare watcher - it might not even be something I can know for sure until sometime in December.

Tammy said...

A Jazz game is fine with us too (Monday, right?). We'll leave our schedule open for Saturday through the wedding for whatever comes up.

Kirk Hays said...

What?? Kyle votes for the Jazz game! I never saw that coming. :). I like movies. I like Jazz. I like dinner. I like it all.

Kirk