Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hi From Kirk

I haven't written for awhile because every free moment right now is spent in the studio or doing things with the kids before Holden goes off to college. But Lezlee has done a great job of keeping you apprised of what is going on with our family.

Painting for the show is going well. I like every one of the paintings I've done so far and think this is my best work yet. Taking ten months to get ready instead of half that time has let me be more selective about what I'm going to show and take more time on each piece.


The thought that Holden will be leaving home to go to college in a few weeks is a little surreal. How could that little baby we brought home from the hospital be striking out on his own? I'll really miss him; he's so much fun to be around. But Lezlee and I are trying to focus on what a great milestone this is in his life and be happy for him.

Holden's show at the art gallery went well. He's sold one piece so far but more importantly it sparked a really creative side of him. He's spending most nights working on his clothing business. And the stuff he's doing is really cool. I keep trying to get him to make me some t-shirts but he's always so busy doing shirts for other people that mine always seem to get pushed to the back burner.



Meanwhile Brennan is growing into an amazing young man--so he'll be my new buddy. Yesterday he spent a big chunk of the day cleaning the pool so he could earn enough money to buy the newest Stephanie Meyer book. He'd read the entire thing within 24 hours.

Jordan continues to work on her shoe business. She's sold dozens so far and always seems to be working on them. But if she's not, she's doing a fashion show, pestering me to go on a bike ride, inventing a new filing system or writing a multi-media presentation for her latest project.



We need to start thinking about what we want to do for the next Hays family reunion, which should be next year. If we can do it before summer Holden will be able to attend before he goes on his mission.

Ideas we've discussed include West Yellowstone and house boats on Lake Powell. If anyone has any other ideas, speak now or forever hold your piece. I like the idea of house boats on Lake Powell. That would be fun. Unless anyone has any objections I'll start (read I'll have Lezlee start) gathering information on renting boats and other things we could do there.

Love you all. I'm really looking forward to Jenny's wedding so we can all see each other again.

Kirk

No comments: